The Aurukun Shire Council has announced some Travel Restrictions in conjunction with the Aurukun Local Disaster Management Group and the Aurukun health services.
- Restrictions of Non-Essential Travel (Road and Air) to Aurukun is imposed immediately
- Exceptions to this restriction are Police, Council, Teachers, Health Services and essential Government / other services
- Outwards travellers must be aware of the risk of not being permitted back into community depending on advice from Queensland Health as amended from time to time.
Additionally, the following people SHOULD NOT TRAVEL to Aurukun:
- Any person who has been diagnosed with or suspected to be infected with COVID 19
- Any person who is feeling unwell or has had close contact with someone who is unwell, in the last 14 days
- Any person who has travelled overseas or returned from overseas, in the last 14 days. these restrictions apply to residents, visitors and service personnel of Aurukun
Road travel to Weipa is not restricted, at this stage.
Applications for any exceptions to this Travel Restrictions should be emailed to email@example.com.
If you require further information please contact Aurukun Shire Council on phone 4060 6811 / 4047 6702 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org