The President of the Tablelands Chamber of Commerce Bree Hargreaves has been pleasantly surprised at the engagement she has received from the local community since launching the Tablelands unite website and Facebook pages.
“We currently have 4838 members, with a further 1013 members that are awaiting their approval,” Bree said.
“We have 4 admins reviewing posts and filtering out information that is not from a credible source or anything that does not keep in with our positive community spirit,
“We have had great feedback from all businesses that have posted information of what they have on offer, and we want to remind local businesses that they are welcome to post any updates on their business into the group – it’s free.”
Bree started the Tablelands Unite webpage as a way of collecting details of people in need and connecting them with people who can help.
“I wanted a space to connect Tablelanders in a time when we wouldn’t be able to catch up over a coffee.”
Tablelands Unite has a few upcoming online competitions organised for locals including:
- A Gardening Competition with prizes thanks to Cams Garden Beds, Bonos Raw Materials and Little Trix.
- Don’t forget your vehicle initiated by Mossy’s Headlight Restorations & Car Detailing. This will be a reminder for those that may not have looked at their car very often over the past few weeks to take the time to get in and give it a good clean. Mossy’s have a full detailing package up for grabs.
- Fashions on the…. Field? In conjunction with Atherton Turf Club Tablelands unite running some fun ‘not quite a race day’ activities including a ‘Fashions on the…. back lawn competition.
- Atherton Show will be running some of their usual competition sections for kids online.
- Tablelands Unite Gala Dinner Awards Night (with a range of categories for prizes from business, community & schooling). The idea is for families to get dressed up and have a meal together at their dinner table….along with the rest of the #tablelandsunite followers.